Sunday, May 5, 2019

A Contract With God


The art style of this was very beautiful, each line expressing the underlying sadness of the story told. What I relate to personally from this story is how no matter what promises you make, what good you do in life, nothing is promised back to you. Not to think of it in a negative way, because that isn’t to say that good things won’t come your way, but it is to say that it does the mind no good to do positive things in the hope that they will be returned to you. Do good things in the hope that they will help those that you do it for. But also, don’t forget about yourself. If you want something, you have to work for it too. And along the way, bad things will happen, at possibly no deserving cost of your own. A Contract With God focuses on the religious aspect of the same situation, promise to God that you will do all of the good things in life, live selflessly, and ignore your own wants and desires. In return, God will make sure you keep the things you love in life, that no harm will come to you. Nowhere does anything say this. As a comparison, I took a big risk coming to Ringling; I spent the money, I owe the loans. I may want a job out of this education and experience, but I have no idea where life is going to take me. Maybe I don’t get a job for a six months, a year, maybe I change career paths. Nothing was promised to me except the education I paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment