Sunday, May 5, 2019

King


I absolutely love the art style of this one, super graphic. Everything done in high contrast black and white, some photographs, and seldom splashes of purposeful color. The characters pretty realistic (though a little stylized) as some are photographs and the rest must’ve used photos for reference. One thing I had a slight issue with was the chosen typeface, as it is a little hard to read, it’s more of a display face, meant for titles and short captions. Another was, although the art is really nice, it lends to a very confusing timeline. I found myself constantly confused as to who was who and sometimes as to where I was geographically, despite some frames that told me.] I love that the art style portrays a lot of the tension that the story holds, but I do wish it was a little easier to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment