Sunday, May 5, 2019

Good Ol' Captain


I tried to read Black Panther for this but it kept linking to Batman so I’m going with this original Avenger. (Massive MCU fan with little exposure to the comics, so I’m excited for this). Right off the bat, the art is so nostalgic and pretty to me, the font screams Captain America. Every page incorporates the classic heavy color palette of the red, white, blue and yellow. I absolutely loved this; all of the swooping action lines in the fights and following any serious motion, the pops of yellow when someone hit something, the POP! style art of POW’s and BOOM’s, the heroics such as saving the girl (I know, we’re all about not being the damsel in distress now, but this is cute), Bucky being in this. It’s hard not to associate Chris Evan’s with the comic book Captain America, but I managed, though the two really are done well. One of my favorite parts (which I’m pretty sure they used in the movies) is using Captain America as the poster child for propaganda posters. As a graphic designer, seeing this attention to detail and incorporation of poster design and advertisement is really impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment