Sunday, May 5, 2019

My Favorite Thing is Monsters


Amazing Art! I have been a fan of anything ballpoint that is three dimensional forever. It takes so much time to make ballpoint pieces, I can’t imagine how much time this artist spent on this. Crosshatching ballpoint to get that much range of tone in the color and detail is so impressive. Everything in this, with all of the different styles from realistic to more stylized and cartoony, is absolutely beautiful. The range of styles and the content of the work, from homages to old horror magazines, to reproductions of famous paintings, to simply cartoony stuff intertwines with the writing to get a really good reaction out of you. There is everything in this graphic novel. Unsurprisingly with such detailed artwork, it isn’t so much meant for kids even if the main character is pretty young. It covers and includes everything, featuring people who are different from the norm who are seen as monsters, but embrace the differences about themselves. When I have the time to read more, I definitely will and I definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment