Sunday, May 5, 2019

Mr. Natural


Simple and a little crude humor (as warned). I can appreciate the humor of what I read, minus how people of color were drawn. The main comic I read was of Mr. Natural bothering Shuman the Human as he practiced meditating on the side of the road. There isn’t any context as to if Shuman was looking for handouts or if he has a job, so I don’t know if Mr. Natural was bothering him because he was unjustly asking for handouts or if that’s just because that’s who Mr. Natural is. The first would be morally funny, the second would just be funny. Mr. Natural is incredibly annoying, until the point that Shuman becomes the crazy one and gets put away for it. And to boot, when released, Mr. Natural asks if he’s doing better and how his stay in the nuthouse was even though he is responsible for it. I’m not sure if Mr. Natural is supposed to be that incredibly annoying, stubborn, has-no-boundaries character that people still for some reason but that’s kind of the vibe I got from this one.
As an aside, I looked at all the little drawings submitted for the draw Mr. Natural section in the PDF and I really enjoyed looking at all the different styles and all the young kids who drew them. Reminded me of getting into drawing comic strips when I was a kid, I created a character named Mr. Fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment